Country Kitchen Ideas – Kitchens come in various sizes, shapes, and, of course, styles. Among so many styles out there, the country style has a very unique look and feel to it. How could it not? Country kitchens look not just warm but also homely and inviting.
Need some country kitchen ideas for inspiration? We have lots and lots of them here. Just read on.
30 Country Kitchen Ideas to Try
1. Introduce Some Matte Black
2. Functional and Aesthetic Library Ladder
3. A Bit of Pastel Blue
4. Pottery on the Shelves
5. Hang Old, Vintage Woven Baskets
6. Open Shelving and Shiplap Walls Combo
7. Make It Bright and White
8. Classic Blue and White
9. Vintage Elements: Old but Still Gold
10. A Bold Color or Two
11. Black and White Always Works
12. Repurposed Island at the Center
13. Marble Countertops Look Good, Too
14. Reclaimed Wood for the Rustic Vibe
15. Can’t Go Wrong with Earthy Palette
16. Combine the Old and the New
17. Barn-style Light Fixtures
18. Refreshing Nature-inspired Color Palette
19. White Backdrop and Reclaimed Wood
20. Make a Room for Everyone
21. A Large, Multipurpose Island
22. Floating Shelves for More Storage
23. Make It Fresh with Greeneries
24. Open Shelving to Free Up Space
25. Backsplash with Bright Color
26. Spanish Colonial Kitchen Style
27. Country and Minimalist? Why Not
28. Put Your Beloved Items on Display
29. Rustic and Warm Basket Lights
30. Terracotta Tiles with Earth Palette
Tips for Country Kitchen Ideas
The easiest way to turn a bland-looking kitchen into a lively, more interesting kitchen is to add patterns. Patterns like woodland, florals, stripes and farm animal prints make a great addition to a country kitchen. You can also use your tableware and cookware to create patterns as well.
White is the most common choice for a country kitchen but it is by no means the only option. Playful pastels, nature-inspired shades, and even bold colors work very well too. Just don’t overdo it.
- Mix and Match
Don’t be afraid of mixing and matching. You don’t need to make your kitchen perfectly country. Sometimes, mix and match make things better. For example, if the kitchen looks too modern you can add antique details. You can also use different handles for the cabinets or even different chairs around the table and so on.
- Traditional Appliances
Want to get the authentic look and feel of a country kitchen? In that case, you might want to invest in traditional appliances. Traditional appliances bring a rustic vibe that makes a country kitchen. This is not a must, of course, but having traditional appliances certainly adds charm to a country-inspired kitchen.
If a very inviting and homely kitchen is what you want, consider introducing scent into the kitchen. What kind of scent your kitchen should have depended on your liking. Some good suggestions are freshly cooked cookies, bread, and gingerbread scents as they fit so well with the country style.
What do you think? Find some interesting design ideas you’d like to try? As you can see from the country kitchen ideas above, there are many ways you can apply the country style to a kitchen.
Whichever idea you will try, be sure that you add your own personal touch into it. That way the kitchen will look and feel personal.