Kitchen Backsplash Ideas – When it comes to styling backsplash, there are so many ways to do it. From simple to clean to intricate and eye-catching styles. However you style your backsplash, it is basically a blank canvas on which you can express your style in the kitchen.
Are you looking for some kitchen backsplash ideas for inspiration? Check these ideas out.
30 Kitchen Backsplash Ideas to Inspire You
1. Break the Routine with Stripes
2. Match It with the Kitchen Island
3. Stylish with Stainless Steel
4. Marble for Flexible Styling
5. Retro and Futuristic Mix
6. Go Traditional with Small Diagonal Tiles
7. Bright and Spacious with Mirrored Tile
8. Turn It into a Work of Art
9. Different, Unique, Non-repeating Patterns
10. Create a Medallion with Different Tiles
11. Make It Simple and Clean
12. Be Bold with Pink Color
13. Unique Copper Tumbled Slate Tiles
14. Complement the Surrounding Color Palette
15. Use Beadboard Backsplash for Versatility
16. Glass Mosaic with Stone Tiles
17. Bring the Rustic Vibe with Brick
18. Urban-style Gray Tiles
19. Mexican-style with Earth Palette
20. Porcelain Tiles with Wood Look
21. Wall/Backsplash in Neutral Colors
22. Mount Vertical Tiles Horizontally for Statement
23. Instead of Repeating, Try Continuous Tiles
24. Subway Tiles with Subtle and Soft Color
25. Be Expressive with Multicolored Tiles
26. Up, Up to the Ceiling
27. Occupy Half the Wall
28. Can’t Go Wrong with Classic Marble
29. Textured Tiles to Add Dimension
30. Reclaimed Wood for Cabin-inspired Style
How to Choose the Right Backsplash Style
Knowing the right backsplash style will make your kitchen more appealing and inviting. If this is your first time styling the backsplash, the sheer amount of ideas might confuse you.
No need to worry. We are here to help you. Below are some things to help you choose a style for your kitchen backsplash.
- Understand Your Kitchen Style
What is the style of your kitchen? The backlash should complement the overall style of the kitchen. For that, you need to understand the style of your kitchen. For example, if the kitchen style is contemporary or modern, a sleek backsplash is the best option. Likewise, if the style is minimalist, the backsplash should also reflect that.
- Decide the Colors of the Tiles
Although we can’t give a direct answer, the best colors for the backsplash will be the colors that are harmonious with the kitchen countertop. If you want to make the kitchen looks cooler, colors like green and blue are great options, for example.
How much are you willing to spend to style your backsplash? The more budget you are willing to spend, the more options you have. That said, spending more money does not equal a good-looking backsplash. Find other options within your budget.
- Wear and Tear
Material like natural stone gives a unique and amazing look. However, they need to be maintained with annually updated sealing. Ceramic is low maintenance and low cost, albeit might not as appealing as natural stone or glass.
Remember, the backsplash is a part where you can be expressive. As such, no need to be afraid of experimenting. Consider the surrounding space and see what kind of styling enhance the kitchen’s overall design scheme.
The kitchen backsplash ideas that we listed should give you some inspirations on how to style the backsplash in your kitchen. Good luck!